Please continue to check this page for information on programs and facilities affected by COVID-19.
October 6, 2020
Many programs and facilities remain closed due to COVID-19 precautions. Please call ahead if you are unsure. Please also follow NavyLife NSA Monterey on Facebook @NavyLifeNSAM and on Instagram @nsamnavylife for updates.
Fleet and Family Services: Main facility closed. Counseling services available @ 831-656-3060
For military service members and families the Fleet and Family Support Center (FFSC) remains closed for in person services, however new arrival check-in and a litany of general information is available electronically via the following link: https://sites.google.com/view/ffscmontereywelcomepackage/home
Online check-in with the FFSC results in receipt of a Welcome Aboard Packet for newly assigned personnel.
MWR ITT Ticket Office: Closed UFN.
Community Recreation: Closed UFN
The Pines Golf Course: Currently OPEN to Active Duty and their dependents, DOD Civilians, Retirees and Guests sponsored by authorized patron(s) within a foursome. General Public is not authorized at this time. The Golf Course Grill is also open for take-out only.
The golf course has their own Facebook, Instagram and Twitter separate from our NSA Monterey social channels, so be sure to give them a follow on Facebook @MontereyPinesGolfClub and on Instagram @montereypinesgolf and on Twitter @montereyPinesGC.
Starbucks: Currently open for anyone with Base Access Mon-Fri 7:00am-1:00pm. Food options are limited, with a rotating selection of breakfast sandwiches and pastries. They are closed weekends and US Holidays.
Café Del Monte (The LoveShack): Open for lunch and breakfast. Hours Mon-Fri 0730-1400.
El Prado: Currently open for Take-Out Only. Breakfast hours are 6:30 am-10 am and dinner hours are 4 pm-8 pm. Contactless delivery is available to the hotel rooms for dinner service. El Prado is closed for lunch service.
Trident Room: Currently closed, however, a modified Trident Menu is being offered in the El Prado Dining Room with beer and wine available for purchase.
Catering Services: Currently unavailable, however, their office hours are Mon – Fri 9:00am – 4:00pm for future post COVID bookings.
NSAM Fitness Center to include NOFFS: Active Duty military personnel to include activated Reserve/Guard and FN military with an appointment and mitigations implemented due to COVID environment.
Visit https://nrswn92.as.me/montereyfitness to book your time and Fitness Area, Main Gym and NOFFS Zone, as early as 5 days in advance and up to 3 hours to your desired time for 90 minute sessions. Only 1 fitness area and time block can be booked in a day. Please note that you can reserve your time block 5 days in advance. Rescheduling and Cancelling your appointment can be done up to 2 hours before your scheduled time. Reservations are required to access the Fitness Areas. Please arrive no later than 30 minutes from your appointment time.
Upon entry, show appropriate ID to verify Active Duty status and appointment booking confirmation (email confirmation on your device or print out of confirmation). Fitness staff will ask the COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire and take your temperature. Minimize “in and out” access to the facility. Upon exiting, re-entry check in procedures are mandatory.
Showers, Sauna, Racquetball Court, Basketball Court, and Day Use Lockers are closed until further notice. Monthly Locker Rentals are available in the Main Gym and Bath-house. Active Duty patrons with current Locker Rentals will receive a 6 month addition to their lease due to our closure. Current Locker Rentals for Active Duty will resume starting September 21, 2020.
Hours of operation are:
Monday to Friday: 0500 to 2000
Saturday: 0800 to 1600
Sunday: 0900 to 1600
Closed Federal Holidays
*Holiday Hours of Operation from December 21 to January 1 are:
Monday to Friday: 0600 to 1800
Saturday: 0800 to 1600
Sunday: 0900 to 1600
Closed Federal Holidays
For additional questions, please email FitnessC@nps.edu or call 831-656-3118
Also, Price Fitness Center on Presidio of Monterey open for ALL active duty MIL and active duty MIL family members with mitigations from 1000-1300 M-F.
NGIS/Navy Lodge: Open for military/tenant required travel NOT leisure travel. Updated information regarding patron eligibility can be obtained by contacting the NGIS hotel's Front Desk @ 831-920-0974. Face coverings are required.
Navy Getaways RV park at the Pines: Open for military/tenant required travel, as well as, AD MIL and AD MIL immediate family leisure travel at the RV Park (NOT Navy Lodge or Historic Del Monte Hotel) starting with reservations on or after 01 October.
Child & Youth Programs (CDC/SAC): Due to COVID-19, CYP adapted its operations as necessary to meet both the Navy’s mission and family requirements while ensuring that children in care and professionals are healthy and safe. Only Mission Critical Childcare Services are available at NSAM CYP, only patrons designated as Mission Critical by their command or employer will receive care and those that have to physically report to work, and have tried working with their command and employer to overlap schedules to self-care. COVID hours of operation for CYP are: 7am to 5pm, Temperature checks and health screenings are conducted during every entry for both parents and children at the CDC and Tech Connection as a method to minimize COVID-19 exposure to children, staff and parents. Please contact the CDC at 831-656-2734, and Tech Connection at 831-656-2142, to receive additional information regarding eligibility during this time.
*** CDC / SAC Staffs have been directed to wear facemasks when at work at the CDC and around our children. Guidelines for CYP and Del Monte Staff mask wear below from HHQ:
CYP / SAC mask guidelines:
- All non-direct caregiver staff should have some kind of face covering in place while on Installation and/or in their place of employment.
- All direct caregiver staff may wear appropriate cloth face coverings within CDC guidelines.
- Children ages 0-5 should not wear face coverings while in care. While the CDC references children under 2 years of age should not wear masks, it is appropriate to believe children 3 to 5 years of age will have difficulty keeping face coverings in place. Additionally, face covering of small children in this environment can easily become safety hazards (choking/suffocating).
** Additionally, being continued is the health screening issued to parents and kids upon arrival at the CDC and Tech Connection as a method to minimize COVID-19 exposure to children, staff and parents.
- Parents are required to self-care for own children at home if Navy full-time telework agreement during COVID-19 pandemic is executed, parent fees will be waived/space saved
- Parent fees will be waived/space saved for all personnel who elect to voluntarily temporary withdrawal their child for at least two weeks or until May 1, 2020
- Due to COVID-19, the CDC will continue to adapt its operations as necessary to meet both the Navy’s mission and family requirements while ensuring the children in our care and our professionals are healthy and safe.
Del Monte – NGIS/other MWR functions mask guidelines:
- All staff should have some kind of face covering in place while on Installation and/or in their place of employment.
Fleet and Family Support Center Update:
- FFSC is not seeing clients in person due to the COVID-19 precautions. Clients that want to speak to a PFM can schedule an appointment and the counseling will be over the phone. Call 831-656-3060 to schedule an appointment. Additionally if they have a quick question, they can email angelica,email@example.com .
- All FFSC workshops have been cancelled until further notice. We will send out additional information as the situation changes. You may also check our Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ffcmonterey for the most up-to-date information. The PFM is available to provide training over the phone to your command, using the CNIC standardized CFS curriculum. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has put out an informative article on how to protect yourself financially from the impact of the coronavirus. https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/blog/protect-yourself-financially-from-impact-of-coronavirus/
- The attached link is to an article about maintaining your mental well-being through the pandemic https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51873799
- The attached link is to an article from FINRA regarding your financial peace of mind https://www.finra.org/investors/insights/financial-peace-mind-age-coronavirus?utm_source=MM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=S%5FAI%5F031620%5FFINAL
Moves can be stressful. We’ve gathered some important information for you to ease the transition.
Use the directory to quickly locate a facility’s building or phone number and their hours of operation.
Break the ICE! Tell us how we’re doing. Rate your experience at our facilities.
Learn more about Fleet & Family Readiness Programs and services.
Have a question, comment or feedback on our website, let us know.
Partner with Navy MWR to enhance events for our military community while gaining valuable promotional benefits for your business.
MWR movie theaters are open to all active duty, reservists, retirees, dependents, DoD civilians, their sponsored guests, and individual contractors. Come one, come all... just come hungry! That's how we keep our movies FREE!
Discount tickets to most Southern California attractions are available at special prices just for the military. Roller coasters, water slides and live entertainment venues are just a few of the ticket offerings.
Join our team! Check out our current Fleet & Family Readiness job openings.